QBI hosts eminent speakers at its annual lectures.
The Merson lecture is an annual lecture supported by Dr David Merson in order to promulgate the best neuroscience research and what it has to offer the community in the future. It is given by a prominent, internationally leading neuroscientist whose research is of relevance to laboratories at QBI.
- 2014: Dr Lennart Mucke
- 2013: Professor Gordon Fishell
- 2012: Professor Mriganka Sur
- 2011: Professor Joseph E. LeDoux
- 2010: Professor Mu-Ming Poo
Peter Goodenough Lecture
The Peter Goodenough Lecture is an annual lecture to honour the legacy of giving by Mr Peter Goodenough and is supported by the Peter Goodenough bequest. It is to be given by a prominent speaker who will target the role and importance of philanthropy and science funding to biomedical research.
- 2016: Professor Ammar Al-Chalabi
- 2015: Peter Beattie, AC
- 2014: Professor Patrick Sullivan
- 2013: Professor Peter C. Doherty
- 2011: Professor Christopher Shaw
- 2009: Professor Harvey Whiteford
Toshiya Yamada Lecture
The Toshiya Yamada Lecture is an annual lecture, hosted and supported by QBI and IMB in alternate years. It is to be given by a prominent, internationally leading developmental neurobiologist. The Yamada family are acknowledged and hosted at the event.