Support the fight against Alzheimer’s disease on Friday 31 July while enjoying an evening featuring world class musicians and opera singers. Brought to you by Hand Heart Pocket - The Charity of Freemasons Queensland, QBI and Alzheimer’s Australia (Qld).
Musical programme featuring:
- Soprano Natalie Peluso (an award winning singer and opera star. She has performed many lead roles such as ‘Susanna’ in Mozart’s ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ for Opera Australia and throughout Europe including The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
- Mezzo Soprano Mia Yaniw (a versatile performer and one of Australia’s most promising, young mezzo-sopranos. Living in Milan, Italy, she has performed in title theaters in Pisa, Lucca, Livorno and Novara)
- Tenor Jaewoo Kim (in an illustrious career he has sung principal roles in Europe, English National Opera, as well as Opera Australia. He has worked with acclaimed conductors, such as Richard Bonynge, Simone Young, Richard Hickox and Ed Gardner)
- Basso profundo David Hibbard (has performed as a principal for the English National Opera, and First Bass with the Bremen Stadts Theater)
- Baritone Shaun Brown (an Opera Queensland regular, who has also sung for Opéra de Lyon and at the New York at the Center for Contemporary Opera)
- Aditaya String Quartet (the quartet has won the Jani Haenke string quartet competition as well as having tied first in the 4MBS chamber music competition)
There will also be a special address by Alzheimer's Australia National Ambassador Ita Buttrose AO, OBE.
Silent auctions and raffle prizes on the night with amazing prizes.
Date: Friday 31st July 2015
Time: 6:00pm for 6:30pm Canapés & Cocktails, 7:30pm Concert, 9:00pm Post-concert Reception
Venue: Customs House, 399 Queen Street, Brisbane
Tickets: $130 (inc GST)
Tickets sales: Available now at www.qbi.uq.edu.au/gala-tickets
P: (07) 3346 6412
Accommodation: Brisbane Marriott Hotel, 515 Queens Street, are offering Gala guests a discounted rate: Click here to book a room.
If cannot attend the event but would still like to support our research, you can donate to us at: www.qbi.uq.edu.au/donate-to-qbi