The Advisory Board provides strategic leadership advice to the Executive Management Team in the following areas:
- Institute’s financial sustainability
- Governance and community perception
- Areas of research need
- Research profile and senior staff recruitment
- Broadening the funding base in the areas of government, philanthropy and commercialisation
- Benefits of the Institute, including informing government of the need to support basic science research and its importance in delivering translational opportunities and the benefits to the community from supporting this research.
Membership - QBI Advisory Board
Professor Pankaj Sah (Director, QBI)
Mr John Kelly (Deputy Director, Operations, QBI); Secretary
Dr Sallyanne Atkinson AO - Chairman
Former Lord Mayor of Brisbane and former Chairman of Queensland Tourism, serves on several Boards in the not-for-profit sector, current President of the Council of The Womens’ College, UQ
Mr Tim Crommelin
Executive Chairman, Morgans Financial Limited; UQ Senate representative
Dr David Merson
Founder of Mincom, current Director of several Australian software companies, research institutes and charitable bodies; past chair of QBI’s Development Board; industry representative
Dr Eamonn Eeles
Geriatrician and Head of Research, Internal Medicine Services, The Prince Charles Hospital; State Government representative
The Advisory Board is considering additional representation from industry or community groups.
Board members are unpaid volunteers who bring a wide variety of skill and expertise to the role. The Board meets at least four times every year.